Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Why I am here.

So last night I laid in bed for hours just thinking. (This can be either very productive or very dangerous depending on the topic I am thinking about at the time.) I decided I needed a plan. I started out with a two year plan. Whats the plan you ask?! ..........I am not 100% sure yet to be quite honest. I know I want to have a studio of sorts one day. A place of dance and music. A place of art and family. A place where friends can gather and relax and enjoy each others company. I envisioned little tables for 2 or 3 filled with laughter, coffee and good friends (3 of my most favorite things) Weekly mommy play groups where kids can experiment with music and run with flowing golden Play Silks streaming behind them. A place where my dearest friends can learn to dance, do yoga, where couples desperate to reconnect try there hand at salsa, where there are colors and smells that delight the senses and tickle your soul. I want it so bad its not funny. Its this little internal drive I feel to give back to people what my friends, children and family have gave to me......a little hope on a day when nothing goes your way, laughter when crying seems like the only option and freedom from the overwhelming tasks of the day.

So with that said how do I make it happen........some kind of business management would probably be nice, If I plan on teaching dance I must become a much better dancer, Shedding the last 10 pounds from Anna (thanks baby!) will go a long way in making me more confident in dance and other movement art forms, I want to grow The Purple Tangerine to the point where people love Play Silks as much as Stef and I do!

I am blogging so that someone out there in this big world can help hold me accountable for my dreams and desires. I am asking for help staying on track and motivation to push myself and grow. So...who's with me?!

1 comment:

  1. ohh I will sooo hold you accountable...even if it means I have to sew you an apron by hand for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete